What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes and it doesn't work 4.3.3

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Yes, that's right. It does not work on 4.3.3 which is very sad indeed. Is the jailbreak comex is working on compatible with 4.3.3?

Well it's working on my ipad2 4.3 wifi only model, so it's not all sad- glad I'm off work 2day cos I'm having a blast with it.. Anyone wanna buy a used ipad1 32g cos I got no use 4 it any more...

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sid6_7 said:
Ok, I recall I went to this website and used the I used the Ipad_4.3.3 pdf file. Didnt check if it worked and then I was like oh crap its for Ipad and not Ipad 2. Then proceeded to use the saffron-jailbreak-ipad2,3-8j2.deb. I had zen-hd installed and safari asked i wanted to open it there, I said ok. But it didnt do anything. I rebooted and was swiping out of frustration and huh? Cydia?!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention I have the Verizon ipad2 on 4.3.3

I tried this and it didn't work :/

Sid6_7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sid6_7 said:
Ok, I recall I went to this website and used the I used the Ipad_4.3.3 pdf file. Didnt check if it worked and then I was like oh crap its for Ipad and not Ipad 2. Then proceeded to use the saffron-jailbreak-ipad2,3-8j2.deb. I had zen-hd installed and safari asked i wanted to open it there, I said ok. But it didnt do anything. I rebooted and was swiping out of frustration and huh? Cydia?!! WOO HOO!!!!!

You are on 4.3.3 and got Cydia? Where did you get that pdf?
I am not sure I am going to try though. :p

Oops sorry. it is the Saffron url someone posted on #167 or 166

Understandable, I know its my first time posting guys, but I wanted to let you guys know that it is working. Take it as it is fellas, but I'm enjoying the JB. I can finally use winterboard heheheh

Sid6_7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sid6_7 said:

I tried this and it didn't work :/

Sorry, did you reboot by any chance?

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sid6_7 said:

Understandable, I know its my first time posting guys, but I wanted to let you guys know that it is working. Take it as it is fellas, but I'm enjoying the JB. I can finally use winterboard heheheh

Im the one postedit but i cant find my version, im at 4.3.1 can you help me? After i open it on zen what should i do?

Sid6_7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sid6_7 said:

Im the one postedit but i cant find my version, im at 4.3.1 can you help me? After i open it on zen what should i do?

Not, sure on 4.3.1. I would jsut update to 4.3.3 to be honest. Comex did say the official JB can be used on 4.3.3.

Tristou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

I confirm the jb is working on 4.3 ipad2 wifi.

After you run the pdf, you should reboot the device to see the cydia app :)

Cheers!

Sid6_7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, guys one more thing. I know it was reported it does not work on 3G, but I have the VZ 3G ipad 2. When i was doing the pdf thing i did earlier, I did have it set to Wifi. To cheap to get sign up for VZ for now. :) Not sure if it will make a diff, but more info i give you the better.

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^ Personally I wouldn't upgrade anything until the official version is released.

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sid6_7 said:
Sorry, did you reboot by any chance?

Yeah I did
I tried it a couple of times but didn't get it to work.
I would try more but I'm feeling lazy lol.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck opening the .deb file in goodreader/zen reader/browsers, as expected. Not sure how zen reader would do anything with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions