What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bula.bula said:
Since when does iTunes delete saved backups when you request to "set up as new"??

Mine did, I did a back up 4 days before I did the update to 6.1, jail broke, took my time, and when I tried to restore all that was there were backups from 2011. Lost my pics, and had to reinstall everything from ap store and cydia, wish I had just sat on 5.1,1
Told f4780y that I would screw it up and I did.
Following directions to the T did not work for me, I give up. But I do have my JB, so what the heck, just miss my pics.

Last edited:

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you access Cydia?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine did, I did a back up 4 days before I did the update to 6.1, jail broke, took my time, and when I tried to restore all that was there were backups from 2011. Lost my pics, and had to reinstall everything from ap store and cydia, wish I had just sat on 5.1,1
Told f4780y that I would screw it up and I did.
Following directions to the T did not work for me, I give up. But I do have my JB, so what the heck, just miss my pics.

I would suggest you did not do the backup correctly...if iTunes did delete your backups from 4 days before release of 6.1, it would of deleted ALL of your saved backups not just the one in question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....... working fine on iPad 2. No issues at the moment

Moderator edit: your post has been edited as you are in effect discussing piracy which we do not condone or allow advice to be given about it

Hinds90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had 4 upgrade from cydia now I'm getting thrown into safe mode. 2 were something cydia automatically installs. Preference loader and something else I can't remember. Anyone else having this problem after upgrading packages?

Lol guess I should mention its with my 4s.

Edit: Nevermind found it. It was insomnia.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A piracy tweak working fine on iPad 2. No issues at the moment

Obviously, you're new here, giokspy, and haven't had a chance to fully read our rules here. But we don't tolerate pirates/thieves here.

This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

Please don't mention or discuss piracy or theft-enabling tools again. This post is your first and only warning.

Oh, and please read our rules in their entirety. They are in my signature link and at the bottom of every forum page.

Marilyn

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Απ: Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Obviously, you're new here, giokspy, and haven't had a chance to fully read our rules here. But we don't tolerate pirates/thieves here.

This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

Please don't mention or discuss piracy or theft-enabling tools again. This post is your first and only warning.

Oh, and please read our rules in their entirety. They are in my signature link and at the bottom of every forum page.

Marilyn

Ok. but I don't say anything about piracy repo or piracy address.

sent from my galaxy note

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok. but I don't say anything about piracy repo or piracy address.

sent from my galaxy note

Obviously you said something about a pirated tweak/app or she wouldn't have edited your post lol

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Απ: Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Οk. Can tell me someone if the jailbreak have cost on battery in sleep mode?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
giokspy said:
Οk. Can tell me someone if the jailbreak have cost on battery in sleep mode?

There is nothing about jailbreaking your iPad that, in itself, will cause excessive battery drain. The tweaks and apps you install are another matter. Some, such as ones for live wallpaper or animated app icons will consume battery power continuously. If you have jailbroken apps or tweaks that can run in sleep mode, that's another cause of excessive battery drain.

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fresh restore. No extra repos only default Cydia repos. Tweaks: nc settings, sprintomize 2, adblocker, activator, killbaground and screen dimmer. Apps only Facebook, YouTube, feedly. Nothing in push service. All disable, auto clock, location bluetooth

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would suggest you did not do the backup correctly...if iTunes did delete your backups from 4 days before release of 6.1, it would of deleted ALL of your saved backups not just the one in question.

The problem, as I see it, is that iTunes is tying the backup to the device, and not the user. By telling iTunes (as opposed to hitting the appropriate button on the iPad) to set up the device "as new" it is doing just that -- deleting all existing backups tied to that device. Not just the most recent one, but all of the older ones as well.

That's why in the past I always did the jailbreak on a different computer than the one where I kept my iTunes and backups. This time I did not, and, well, the result was not pretty. :(

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem, as I see it, is that iTunes is tying the backup to the device, and not the user. By telling iTunes (as opposed to hitting the appropriate button on the iPad) to set up the device "as new" it is doing just that -- deleting all existing backups tied to that device. Not just the most recent one, but all of the older ones as well.

I think you are incorrect in your statement about iTunes deleting all existing backups ties to that device. It gives you the choice, with any iPad, new or old, to set it up as new or restore from an existing backup. If you set it up as new, it is doing just that, too, not doing a restore, but making it a new device. The backups remain unchanged and undeleted. One can own multiple iPads and manage them from the same computer. Backups won't get deleted unless you tell it to delete them.

As for the jailbreak...that's another matter which I can't comment on. But since apple doesn't support JBing, what happens when you present a jailbroken iPad to iTunes is a bit iffy.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What can I say, that's what happened to me. Told iTunes to set up the iPad as a new device prior to applying the jailbreak and all my backups were gone. There was still a backup folder, of course, with the same name (i.e. device serial number, I guess), but all files were overwritten/reset. I could not even unerase any data.

I had swapped out a harddrive in my computer back in September and the old one still had a backup from then on it, so I went back to that and at least did not lose 100% of my addresses and other data.

Madmax007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What can I say, that's what happened to me. Told iTunes to set up the iPad as a new device prior to applying the jailbreak and all my backups were gone. There was still a backup folder, of course, with the same name (i.e. device serial number, I guess), but all files were overwritten/reset. I could not even unerase any data.

I had swapped out a harddrive in my computer back in September and the old one still had a backup from then on it, so I went back to that and at least did not lose 100% of my addresses and other data.

Have u checked the recycle bin???

Most reactions