What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nikhil said:
This page is just about the status right?Now jb is out why don't you close it?
Its more Troubleshooting also with jail break. Why rush?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nikhil said:
This page is just about the status right?Now jb is out why don't you close it?

It can also serve the function of announcing any problems, bug fixes, etc.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
like on my ipad 4 it looked like an iphone app in 1x mode but it also shrunk down the status bar and wouldn't let you interact with it. my buddy inked adrenaline, has an ipad mini and restarted his; had the same issue but he could still interact with cydia. the only fix was to go into safe mode, open cydia, then respring...

see for yourself, jailbreak completely. launch cydia. reboot your ipad (turn it off then back on).. i'm attatching a screen shot (power+home button) so you can see what i'm talking about.

I uninstalled Retinapad and that issue went away for me. At least for the time being.

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before I start the process, I'd like to know how long I'm going to need to "sit back and relax" while my Mini jailbreaks (and at what point I should start to worry if it hasn't completed).

Once jailbroken, will I be able to load MP4 and text files directly from my phone or laptop, or will I still need to use iTunes?

I'm fortunate in that I haven't done much yet with my iPa(i)d Mini, so hopefully won't have any issues. I got it specifically to use while flying (WingX GPS program), and haven't had a chance yet to load much of anything on it because I'm so busy.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got ipad two and I was on ios 6. ,then I downloaded 6.1 using itunes, I clicked restore button ,i think meamwhile ipad battery got finish.now on my ipad screend it shows itune and cable kind of sign, while on itune it says ur ipad is latest version.only optipn is restore.when I restore it gives error 11 and some times 1604. After this failure ipad screen goes black. Help me mickey and other guys :(

hawkway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After applying the JB and re-installing my tweaks, I'm stuck in Safe Mode. Unfortunately, I didn't notice when it started to show up or I could probably just un-install the app that caused it. Is there any way to troubleshoot this problem or do I need to start over with the JB?

EDIT: apparently it was the Quasar tweak that did it. I guess it's not compatible with IOS 6.1 yet.

Last edited:

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded the program (Windoze ver) on my Toughbook, started it, got the box, plugged in my iPad, and . . .nothing happens. The "Jailbreak" button is still grayed out.

Does the computer have to be ONLINE when the program is run? My laptop has only one USB port -- do I need to borrow a computer so that I can be online and still able to connect the iPad?

Does iTunes have to be loaded?

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I loaded the program (Windoze ver) on my Toughbook, started it, got the box, plugged in my iPad, and . . .nothing happens. The "Jailbreak" button is still grayed out.

Does the computer have to be ONLINE when the program is run? My laptop has only one USB port -- do I need to borrow a computer so that I can be online and still able to connect the iPad?

You don't need an Internet connection to jb

Tapatalk'd / freshly Jailbroke iPad Mini

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got ipad two and I was on ios 6. ,then I downloaded 6.1 using itunes, I clicked restore button ,i think meamwhile ipad battery got finish.now on my ipad screend it shows itune and cable kind of sign, while on itune it says ur ipad is latest version.only optipn is restore.when I restore it gives error 11 and some times 1604. After this failure ipad screen goes black. Help me mickey and other guys :(

It sounds as if you need to restore another version of iOS 6.1. So, try following the steps in this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow it exactly, you should end up with a stock iPad running iOS 6.1. Good luck.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, iTunes has to be loaded. It's the only place where you will find the drivers for the iPad. Windows won't recognize the iPad at all without those drivers. You'll need the most current version on the computer - although it won't be/shouldn't be open or running.

Marilyn

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, iTunes has to be loaded. It's the only place where you will find the drivers for the iPad. Windows won't recognize the iPad at all without those drivers. You'll need the most current version on the computer - although it won't be/shouldn't be open or running.

Thanks, Marilyn! I'll go get that loaded and try again. The Toughbook was finding it as a camera.

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

That isn't completely true. I use an older version of iTunes and I made it through the process with no problem.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like an old problem has resurfaced. Pressing the volume down once quickly mutes it. Tried resetting all activator setting to default. When respring, pressing three times mutes the first time

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whodaman said:
Looks like an old problem has resurfaced. Pressing the volume down once quickly mutes it. Tried resetting all activator setting to default. When respring, pressing three times mutes the first time
.... Sorry, hit send by accident...

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whodaman said:

After that, it mutes first tap.

Most reactions