What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Apple WWDC Conference Thread - June 7th, 2010

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We must live in two different worlds. I don't know anyone who doesn't live in jeans and sneakers.... Unless it's the men in uniform at the nearby army base. And this us coming from a grandmother not a teenager :)

I'm just a young fogey. At work we went dress casual a few years back, and I still come in wearing a jacket and tie, even on Friday when jeans are allowed.

There's a hilarious film from the 70s starring Martin Mull, Tuesday Weld, and Sally Kellerman called "Serial." In a scene where Kellerman is hiring a new maid, and tells the woman she doesn't want her to wear a maid's uniform, only regular clothes. The maid says "So, you want it to look like I'm your friend who stopped by to chat, and I just happen to be cleaning your house?" "...exactly."

That seems to be the way the world's going - everyone wants to look like they were doing something else, and just happened to stop in and hang around the office for 8 hours.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HD video recording and multitasking are the two things that really interested me.

I didn't like a lot of what I heard about iOS4 - it's looking like we're going to see a reduction in battery life running it, and the next generation iPad will likely do no better than your typical laptop. We'll see.

The new display, with 326 pixels per inch, sounds impressive.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree epb. Where it bothers me the most, and sorry to get off topic but the conference is over so I don't see this thread going anywhere, is nice restaurants. I'm only 29 but what happened to people that had respect for a nice restaurant?

Wife and I go out to a restaurant that is about 200 bucks for the two of us with no alcohol and there is some idiot sitting two tables away in shorts, a polo, and a hat. Most people are in at least dress shirts and pants, with a decent majority of us in suit jackets and ties, and this bozo gets let in.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HD video recording and multitasking are the two things that really interested me.

I didn't like a lot of what I heard about iOS4 - it's looking like we're going to see a reduction in battery life running it, and the next generation iPad will likely do no better than your typical laptop. We'll see.

The new display, with 326 pixels per inch, sounds impressive.
Not to mention we are going to have to see ads in almost every app probably now. And while technically the savings should be passed on to the consumer, I have a feeling greedy app makers will just pocket the money for the app at the same price AND the ad money. Hell some of them already charge money for the same app between the iPad and iPhone which is BS...and I don't even own an iPhone and I think that's pretty sad...especially with it's basically just a better rendered version with no other improvements.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From the first time Apple started Steve always wore jeans and was casual at conferences Personally I don't see why it matters He can wear what he likes he owns the largest It company in USA and frankly his stock holders don't care either.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least he could wear something fashionable instead of looking like a giant dork.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From the first time Apple started Steve always wore jeans and was casual at conferences Personally I don't see why it matters He can wear what he likes he owns the largest It company in USA and frankly his stock holders don't care either.

If the man is comfortable looking like a dork from a high school AV club all his life, that's his business, but with the salt-and-pepper combover and 4-day growth of white facial hair, it just isn't working. One of the truest signs of one's character is when one doesn't do something, even when one can get away with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts