1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Office2 HD

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gores95, Jan 6, 2012.

1. gores95

gores95 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys. Bought this for my iPad and love it. Did not transfer over to my iPhone. Before I plunk down $5.99 for the iPhone version is there any way to transfer this? Most of my iPad apps do transfer to my iPhone. Thanks.
  2. FrancoDei

FrancoDei iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I Think it's because you bought the HD version, that is not available for iPhone. So if you try to download it with the iPhone, you are linked to the one for iPhone, that is not the same you already bought.
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Yes. If the app you purchase in the app store has a '+' sign next to it then it's cross device compatible.
  4. gores95

gores95 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thx guys. Good info regarding the + sign!
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Unfortunately, among its many other annoyances, the App Store does not clearly distinguish between apps designed specifically for and only for the iPad, those designed for all iOS devices, and those designed only for the iPhone/iPod. Even apps supposedly designed for all iOS devices, for example, may not automatically reorient the UI for landscape display, for example. In light of the absence of clear guidelines, the convention (but only that) is that apps with the designation "HD" are designed specifically for the iPad and are not meant to be used on the iPhone or iPod. It's confusing and there are exceptions but the rule seems to be more or less useful in searching for apps.