What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office² software won’t open at all after latest upgrade

Shire65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi folks
This is my very first post so sorry if I haven’t got the protocol right
I installed Office² a good while ago and have several files that I need to use.
I get a message telling me the developer needs to upgrade to 11.01.2 or whatever the latest version is.

Can somebody please help me either get my files back or advice what I can do. I have tried to find the developer or company but no luck,

Thanks folks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
.....I installed Office² a good while ago and have several files that I need to use.
I get a message telling me the developer needs to upgrade to 11.01.2 or whatever the latest version is.

Can somebody please help me either get my files back or advice what I can do. I have tried to find the developer or company but no luck,

Hi Shire.. - welcome to the forum! :) The current iOS version is 11.0.3 - I'm assuming that you have upgraded your iDevice to at least 11.0.2 - correct? If so, 32-bit apps will no longer work in the 64-bit environment of this iOS, sorry - some discussion HERE.

Now, I've not used Office² and am unsure if this is a Microsoft offering or from elsewhere - do you know? BUT, the 'bottom line' is if this is a 32-bit app (likely), then your files are 'sandboxed' in a program that will no longer open on a device w/ iOS 11.x - unless, you have made some type of 'backup' (don't know what 'export' functions you may have had w/ this app?), your files cannot be accessed. Others w/ familiarity w/ this app may 'chime in' w/ a more helpful suggestion - good luck. Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m afraid that only the developer can help you. If the app is no longer being supported by the developer it won’t get the iOS 11 update.
If the developer ever updates the app to work with iOS 11, all your files will still be there.
If you made a backup of your iPad when on iOS 10, and you have an older iPad that cannot be updated to iOS 11, you could restore that iPad and set it up from the backup of the newer iPad. This would be the only way to access the app and it’s files if the developer doesn’t update the app.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts