What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office HD2 Troubleshoot

razgriz203

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently obtained Office Hd2 to create text files and upload them to google docs easily. I have created the folder linked to my doc account and I am able to see the documents within my google docs folder. But when I try to open a document from the google docs account folder, I get a message of: Load failed: An error occurred while opening the document....... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Zappiros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently obtained Office Hd2 to create text files and upload them to google docs easily. I have created the folder linked to my doc account and I am able to see the documents within my google docs folder. But when I try to open a document from the google docs account folder, I get a message of: Load failed: An error occurred while opening the document....... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Same problem, I have search all over the web I found no solution? It is strange..........

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Did you try the first 3 steps for when something does go wrong on your iPad?

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, now see if it's operating, if not a restart is the next step.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

Zappiros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem stills

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Did you try the first 3 steps for when something does go wrong on your iPad?

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, now see if it's operating, if not a restart is the next step.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

I did it all, and problem stills".........
Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

Problem persist"........."""

!!!!!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel this may have something to do with Google Docs or Office2.....we have had another report on this. Google docs was upgraded on the 13th Sept and this seems to be when the problems started......

With IOS6 just being released last week all apps then need to update to run on this system and this is when glitches do show up. I would get in touch with the Devs and tell them what is happening here.

Also with the Upgrade we have found that settings have been changed for some apps, so have a look at your settings too to make sure they are all set how they should be.

njah218

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i have tried resetting the device, but still cant open the file..anyone who have idea on how can i retrieve the file

njah218

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i tried sending files to may email...Error . the operation failed...error code: 1009

Most reactions

Latest posts