What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Office Cloud Solution Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking at adding an iPad to reduce the need to take my laptop everywhere I go but I havnt been able to figure out the right solution to keep everything synced. First I consult with several companies and they all run on Microsoft Office and so do I, my laptop is a Windows 7. Right now I have a jump drive that I use sync toy to keep all the changes update wether I add, edit or delete files on the jump drive from another computer, works great but I have to bring my laptop or utilize a workstation at the company Im working at to get access the files. What I want to do is have the files which are spreadsheets, word docs, .pdf, jpegs to be saved(synced) on the ipad, a "cloud" service and my laptop. Im not looking for a seamless sync even if one of the devices had to have a push button sync it would be great. I dont always have 3g service or wifi when working in the field, or at a meeting but with the documents storage on the iPad everything would be at my fingertips, I want to be able to change 4 different spreadsheets on the ipad and have it show up on the files on my windows 7. I might be missing the obvious, if so please help! Im only looking at a max of 10gb active files at one time and that may be heavy, 5gb would work. Thanks in advance.

traceykate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I found the best app to use for documents and spreadsheets is an app called "docs to go" I have all my files and spreadsheets and pictures on this and all you do to sync is just connect up to your laptop when home and you have all your work in two places then so u have a choice it is so easy to sync up. I have paid a lot of money out on a few other ones but none are as good as this one.
Hope this helps. :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking at adding an iPad to reduce the need to take my laptop everywhere I go but I havnt been able to figure out the right solution to keep everything synced. First I consult with several companies and they all run on Microsoft Office and so do I, my laptop is a Windows 7. Right now I have a jump drive that I use sync toy to keep all the changes update wether I add, edit or delete files on the jump drive from another computer, works great but I have to bring my laptop or utilize a workstation at the company Im working at to get access the files. What I want to do is have the files which are spreadsheets, word docs, .pdf, jpegs to be saved(synced) on the ipad, a "cloud" service and my laptop. Im not looking for a seamless sync even if one of the devices had to have a push button sync it would be great. I dont always have 3g service or wifi when working in the field, or at a meeting but with the documents storage on the iPad everything would be at my fingertips, I want to be able to change 4 different spreadsheets on the ipad and have it show up on the files on my windows 7. I might be missing the obvious, if so please help! Im only looking at a max of 10gb active files at one time and that may be heavy, 5gb would work. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum! As far as "Cloud" storage, syncing, etc. Dropbox is the favored app/service. It can sync with all iDevices, computers (Mac and Windows), etc.

With respect to office apps, there are already a number of threads on the subject. These two are the most active:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-business-education/22431-hi-all.html#post157114

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html#post256794

There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Since there are already discussions about these subjects, we'll go ahead and close this one. Feel free to post any comments or questions there.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions