1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Office 365

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Lisa0270, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Lisa0270

Lisa0270 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am about to purchase/rent Office 365. If says it is compatible with other Mac and iOS devises and shows a pic of an
    iPhone. Does any one know if it will work on my iPad 2?

Cheers
    Lisa0270
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    the files you can create with it will be ipad compatible (ie, standard office file types) but as of yet there is no official MS Office app to download in the app store. This is not a resident ipad app.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    There is limited support for iOS. It's mostly email and OneNote support. You will not be able to create or edit documents directly, but will need a third party, non-Microsoft, app. You'll want to make sure that app has support for Microsoft's SkyDrive cloud service.

There have been persistent rumors about iOS apps that would be compatible with Office 365, but, in a recent interview Balmer avoided discussing iOS compatibility for the new $99 Office 365 subscription service. So we don't know what is going to happen on that front.

Compatibility with Mac OS X is better but still not great. Only the four primary apps will work on a Mac that accesses Office 365: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Those are the big ones, and the ones most people will need; however it's about half as many apps as there are available for Windows.

Most of this was announced today, or was it yesterday? I've lost track.