Off topic question - advice requested

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ThePhotog, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ThePhotog

ThePhotog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have a lack of data storage problem, in other words not enough storage. I really like listening to music with my new Jawbone Jambox. The iPhone 4 I have is a 16 gb, my iPad 2 is a 32gb. What other Apple products can I purchase that offer data storage capacity of at least 64gb and Bluetooth ? I'm willing to purchase a iPod classic 160gb and know I would have to purchase a separate Bluetooth adapter - but which adapter is guaranteed to work with the iPod classic and Jambox?

Thanks in advance. ThePhotog. Jon

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    Are you looking for, say, external hard disc storage? i.e. something that you could use to remotely store music on and retrieve it? Would such a solution need to be portable?

Tim

3. ThePhotog

ThePhotog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Tim,

I'd really like something high capacity and stand alone. I was looking at a 64gb iPod Touch today, I didn't know they were Bluetooth. I'd really like to buy the 160gb iPod Classic and find a Bluetooth adapter( that plugs into the 30 pin ) that is guaranteed to work with a Jawbone Jambox.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,007 / 1
    Airstash? It's not an Apple product and won't sync with iTunes, but it offers nearly infinite (SD Card) storage and works over Wi-Fi, so that it would not interfere with the Jambox's bluetooth connection.

The main drawback is that you can't be connected to it and the internet at the same time.

Not that I have any personal experience. I've just read about it and been intrigued; so if it sounds good to you, research it thoroughly.