What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oddly enough a weird thing is happening today...

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All of a sudden, if I minimize the Forum app, when I switch back to it it re-logs me back in and I have to navigate back to where I was moments ago. it has done it 4 times (last four times as I went out to use Maps and answer texts) in a row to me and just started this afternoon. I've always been able to do this before, so this is new. If this was a Microsoft OS I would just call it a 'Feature' but it isn't so I'm blaming it on sunspots.

Anyone else see something like this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might have something to do with limited RAM and the background update thing. If the app is being automatically cleared from RAM for some reason it will lose it's place and log in again.

Just guessing. I've noticed (now that you mention it) more frequent logging in of the app as well, though it has not been bad enough to cause me to lose my place or half typed posts. But, I use the iMac most of the time, so it's not like I've been giving the app a workout.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's happening to me as well. In addition, the app crashes more frequently. I think this occurs because the app needs to be updated.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Data point: the IPF app never crashes on me, and I don't believe I've ever had to log in since the first time. The iOS version doesn't matter, nor does quitting the app manually or leaving it dormant in the background. It does have other bugs, but not that one here.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't think any of us are talking about crashing. Instead, when you open the app it starts over at the main forum tab after logging in, instead of opening to the last place it was closed and still logged in. This usually only happens if the app has been cleared by RAM, either manually or by restarting the iPad. {or if you run out of RAM and the system automatically removes it}

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking about crashing. Sometimes it happens to me while I'm writing a post, and I have to start my answer all over again.

Most reactions

Latest posts