What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd ipad2 error

Cyaran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My newly Jailbroken ipad, 2 days old, is somehow stuck looping between bootlogo (with a spinning wheel over it)/lock screen, even after rebooting it.

It started oddly enough after I was trying change settings in "Clock Pro Free", immediately after the test alarm was set to go off, it broke down into the loop.

The part that is confusing me is that if I plug in my old ipod's FM transmitter it stops the loop :confused: (not immediatley, but after a few loops). When the FM dongle is removed it instantly goes back into the loop.

I also tried killing all of the processes and it didn't change anything. My efforts at Googling didn't find any relavant articles

I've tried syncing, the screen continues looping during it, unlike the dongle, but it seems to actually complete the sync. I haven't restored yet, hoping to not have to resort to that. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an iPad 2, but I have had that happen to the iPhone 4 and iPad when using something that it didn't like installed. I ended up restoring and avoided those particular programs afterwards. I think it's an incompatibility problem- you can wait for other responses but that was my experience.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My newly Jailbroken ipad, 2 days old, is somehow stuck looping between bootlogo (with a spinning wheel over it)/lock screen, even after rebooting it.

It started oddly enough after I was trying change settings in "Clock Pro Free", immediately after the test alarm was set to go off, it broke down into the loop.

The part that is confusing me is that if I plug in my old ipod's FM transmitter it stops the loop :confused: (not immediatley, but after a few loops). When the FM dongle is removed it instantly goes back into the loop.

I also tried killing all of the processes and it didn't change anything. My efforts at Googling didn't find any relavant articles

I've tried syncing, the screen continues looping during it, unlike the dongle, but it seems to actually complete the sync. I haven't restored yet, hoping to not have to resort to that. Anyone have any thoughts?

Because so many people have a different idea of rebooting, may I ask if you've tried this version: Hold both the sleep and home buttons until after the "Slide to Close" appears and the screen goes dark and the white apple icon appears. This may take a while, especially for the white apple to reappear. But, eventually, it will (well, it hasn't not yet, for me).

Do you have SBSettings installed? Cause if you do, you can try to re-start the iPad in Safe Mode, which is accessed via SBSettings (tap the Power button on the lower RH side of the SBSettings HUD; Safe Mode is one of the options).

Because if you can get it into safe mode, you might be able to delete that app that was running when your iPad went all hinky.

If not, when you plug your FM dongle in (which IS weird, by the way), can you get to that app, make it wiggle and then delete it?

What I'm going for is to try to figure out a way to delete that app - then you can reboot and see if the spinning is solved...

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
C

Cyaran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the reboot you mentioned (hold power/home till after slider screen disappears), no change.

With the dongle attached, I deleted the alarm app and rebooted, no difference either.

I do have SBsettings installed, but wasn't aware of the safe mode before I deleted the alarm, It still seems to loop in the safe mode though, sadly.

I'm going to try deleting a couple other apps I had installed after the alarm one, I suppose, just firing blindly though (the alarm app had worked fine for a day or so, so a few others had been installed).

OP
C

Cyaran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well after looking around the internet for a couple more hours with nothing to show for it. I ended up just going the reset route.
Fortunately I was able to just "reset all settings" and it seems to be fine now. I'd still love to know how the alarm could've caused the issues and what the hell was going on, if anyone has any theories about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts