What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obsolete!

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I myself purchased my ipad 3 on October 4, I still have some time to return mine, but I'm not going to, I'm happy! Besides I have a feeling the next ipad (whenever it's released) will be a physical as well as an internal change, anyhow what exactly does obsolete mean? Is my ipad now worthless as far as value? Is going to stop working?
What does obsolete mean as far as my ipad is concerned?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I myself purchased my ipad 3 on October 4, I still have some time to return mine, but I'm not going to, I'm happy! Besides I have a feeling the next ipad (whenever it's released) will be a physical as well as an internal change, anyhow what exactly does obsolete mean? Is my ipad now worthless as far as value? Is going to stop working?
What does obsolete mean as far as my ipad is concerned?
no way will an ipad 3 be obsolete,i have ipad 2 and dont consider that to be obsolete,it does everything i want and works just fine.

OP
J

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just wondering because I keep reading here and many other websites that the ipad 3 is now obsolete and that eventually they will stop making apps that are compatible with the ipad 3, is there any truth to that or are people simply just ranting and crying,

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read an article a few days ago in which the author referred to the iPad 2 as "matronly." It made me feel like the character Kes, in the TV series Voyager, who belongs to a race of aliens (the Ocampa) who reach adulthood in their first year of life and only live for nine years.

But I guess "matronly" is still better than obsolete. :)

For me, obsolete means I can no longer perform key basic functions because my tech isn't hard wired for the update needed to continue using it.

Maybe, my iPad will only make it for another one or two years, before it's obsolete, but I hope it will continue to be functional for longer. I am still perfectly happy with my second generation iPod Touch and have no need to buy a shinier and sexier one.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just wondering because I keep reading here and many other websites that the ipad 3 is now obsolete and that eventually they will stop making apps that are compatible with the ipad 3, is there any truth to that or are people simply just ranting and crying,
i havent seen any of this but no i would take no notice at all,your ipad 3 will continue to work just fine for some time to come,as i say mine is older and still works just fine,i still download apps without any problems,i suspect it is the announcment of ipad 4 that has rattled people who have just bought 3,dont worry,just enjoy your ipad.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Obsolete is misused in the tech world and it means "no longer manufactured".

Which is kind of funny that the iPad 3 falls under that but the iPad 2 does not. Irony at its finest.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will repeat this right now:

The iPad 3 Is Not Obsolete

Now kiddies for your homework write that 200 times. Will quiz tomorrow.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
I will repeat this right now:

The iPad 3 Is Not Obsolete

Now kiddies for your homework write that 200 times. Will quiz tomorrow.

Wasn't expecting that! :D

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But not old Mrs. Ward, please no! I can still hear ringing in my ears, the long sing-song repetitions of the times-tables. "Two threes are six--three threes are nine--four threes----.â€

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OB said:
But not old Mrs. Ward, please no! I can still hear ringing in my ears, the long sing-song repetitions of the times-tables. "Two threes are six--three threes are nine--four threes----.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gosh.....that's taking me back! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts