What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

obsolete

Frantob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have the ipad 1,does the news that op system 6 that cannot be installed on it mean that my ipad 1 will become obsolete.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it works for you today. No, nothing will change.

Will you get new features and functions? No.

I'm keeping my 1 until the ipad 4 comes out. So I can buy an ipad 3 on the cheap. For surfing the web, reading books, and watching video's it'll work just fine.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
theres a lot of talk about iPad1,will it still be supported,when you think theyr not that old.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad was the pinnacle of technology when it came out. In two years, it is still a great piece of equipment, but technology moves at a very fast pace. Apple is only porting iOS 6 to products still being manufactured, but it has not made anything obsolete or unsupported. Say you bought a car in 2010. Two years later, the same model has a lot of improvements and your waranty is over. Is your car obsolete? Some people think so, but in reality, it is just the price of our goal of constantly improving and competing for consummer dollars. However, the bobblehead hula dancer in the rear window is obsolete. Get rid of it.

Most reactions