Obama: Too Much Information Bad - Can't Work an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by NumbLock, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Either that or he already has one and Michelle won't let go of it ;)

2. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    In fairness, I think that's below his pay grade.

We were chatting about fanboys in another thread, but I saw a poll that 52% of Huffington Post viewers agree with him on these topics. LOL They're Obama fanboys. Everyone can biff it - and this is one of those cases.

3. Hivoltage

Hivoltage
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Why would I ( we ) give a crap about his thoughts on the Ipad? I could gave a crap what he thinks. Personally.....I think he is trying to get way too deep into my personal life. Geeeeeez.

4. lifevicarious

lifevicarious
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Not knowing how to work a device you have never used and being unable to learn how to use a device are two completely different things. His point was that in the information age of 24/7 news people often take a small snippet of information and construe random things from it. For instance someone claiming that he is unfit to be the POTUS because he simply hasn't used a certain device. So thanks for taking information out of context and proving his point.

5. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    This statement is no different than the liberals lamblasting how the TV was destroying the mental abilities of children, forty years ago. It just goes to show that politicians are educated idiots. Note how they never say that welfare or other government giveaways are harming the psyche of the American people. Or many of the other ways that government inserts itself into our lives. Unless it is something the opposing party did.

6. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Since Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents ever if he had the time he would have no problem with iPad. I wondered how long it would take before the Limbaugh ditto heads found something else to accuse the president. Stupidity is not a problem for him.
    Let's stay away from this kind of rhetoric.

7. dp118

dp118
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thread Violates Forum Rules

As often happens on these forums, personal political views bolstered by out of context statements take on a life of their own. Too bad it has happened so quickly on this forum with such a bright future.

This thread has devolved beyond a reasonable discussion of the iPad. It now violates Forum Rules, specifically rules one and three. It is "objectionable" and contains "personal attack" postings. Time to advise the Forum Administrator and pull this thread or put it into the "Anything Goes" area.

#17 dp118, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  8. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Did you read the article? This was a "misstep" in the direction of our entire information-based culture. You and me, and specifically the iPad.

Like I said before, everyone biffs one once in a while. I'm sure they'll issue a correction tomorrow for our obvious misunderstanding. :D

9. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    This has been a wonderful forum and I really enjoy it. Let's keep Iets keep it that way. Thanks. :)

10. Bremen

Bremen
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Agree 100%

I am as right-wing as they come, but this forum is NOT the place for this kind of talk. This thread needs to be locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.