What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NumbLock's Learning/Creative Corner

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've spent the last couple of weeks outfitting this and I just couldn't keep it to myself - but my girlfriend just doesn't understand :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• PB140429.JPG
    PB140429.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 585

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What the hell kind of nonsense is that??? You are a disgrace to our gender! Delete this photo immediately!!!

See, here's how it works after you get married...

You buy your "dream house" together. All of the choices for decorating are made mutually... as long as they are what she wants! At our house, every room in the house reflects her style and tastes, except for one... THE MAN CAVE! She doesn't even come in here. I think she is afraid to!

Here is what a real man's work space should look like --

mancave.jpg

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somewhere in between Numblock's Office

And Scott's man cave--is my home office. I'm envious of Numblock but the reality of my busy life yields Scott's office. I am one ahead of Scott, I no longer have a huge CRT monitor, and the "retired" computer to the left of Scott's chair? I got rid of it two weeks ago--finally deciding that there was NOTHING on it I needed. It is hard to part with equipment that cost over US$5000.

I recently visited a friend in Hatswil, Switzerland. I needed to get some email from home. Bruno took me to his home office and it was very much like Numblock's. I'm wondering if it's a Swiss thing?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to hijack NumbLock's thread....

The black desktop on the left (the one the iPad is hooked to behind the jar of peanuts) is the "main" computer running Vista. One of its main duties is to record the Three Stooges episodes that one of our local TV stations shows on Saturday night! (I told you this was the "man cave", right?) I currently have about 500gb of "the boys" in HD! I am going to need a new drive... soon! What does my wife think about this? Don't know! She has her own computer!

The computer on the floor to the right is the "NIX" box with 2 versions of Linux (Ubuntu and OpenSUSE) and honest to goodness SCO UNIX.

And the thing on the book stand on the far left side of the picture is Webster's Unabridged Dictionary. That's how we used to look stuff up before there was an Internet!

Sorry Numb.... back to your regularly scheduled post!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But the inside of my car is neat and tidy and smells like leather... and IT IS RED!

corvette4.jpg

Love ya too, Marie!

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haha, my learning and creative corner looks like Scott's car!

Actually I had a "Dark Man Cave: Enter and Die" upstairs in the far reaches of one of the bedrooms, and to be honest, if you look closely in my picture behind the chair, you will see the remnants: My ubercool Windows 7 laptop which just collects stuff and streams media really.

In fact, I'm studying and learning an awful lot of stuff at the moment, Mac and iPhone programming, Adobe CS5, and just general Mac use, I don't like to squirrel myself away in the Man Cave spending days at a time away from my loved one.

After reading this, men are now encouraged to rebuilt their testosterone levels by watching bikini girls, sports or a car like Scott's.

Oh, and no, its not a Swiss thing I live in Switzerland but I'm 'Merican, capitol M 'Merican born in Texas!

Most reactions