What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using numbers which works fine for, just trying to find out if there is anything like auto filters as this would be very useful

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge Numbers does not have auto-filters. I suppose it is possible the option is hiding somewhere, but I'm reasonably familiar with the app. It would be extremely well hidden.

Also, none of the documentation mentions the feature. ;)

……….oh my………..

Well, on double checking myself, documentation wise, it appears there as some support for filtering. If you import an Excel spreadsheet it may keep the filter settings intact. All you can do in Number however is turn the filtering on/off. No changing the filters or creating them.

http://help.apple.com/numbers/ipad/1.7/#tan72717a35

I can't test this, not having Excel or a suitable test spreadsheet. Attempts to see the Filter ON/OFF switch on tables without filters are notable for their lack of effectiveness.

In my defense, that's a fairly well hidden feature. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Richard Webb

Richard Webb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
staticmap

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts