What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Numbers app on my iPad 3 I received an e-mail with a spreadsheet attached. I could view it, but couldn't figure out how to open it in the numbers app so that I could modify it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Mail app, press and hold the attachment until you get a pop-up window titled "Open In..." If you more than one app installed that can read that file, you will be presented with a scrollable list; Numbers should be in that list. Press on Numbers and it should then open with your file.

Hope this helps. Holler back if you need more assistance.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap and hold on the attachment until you get the popup menu. It should give you some Open In... options. Choose Numbers and the file will be opened and converted in Numbers.

This works both if you are seeing the file in Quick Look (viewing the file) or just seeing the attachment icon.

If the icon is surrounded by a dotted boarder, it in not downloaded. Tap it to start the download.

OP
H

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 & twerppoet: thanks much for your help. The knowledgable folks on these forums are a great service to us novices. Your generosity with your time is appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully it worked.

It must, given that we posted the exact same thing at exactly the same time. Hey, twerppoet - we could start a new Olympic event ... Synchronized Posting! :D

Anyway.

Glad to be of assistance.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts