What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
Can anyone tell me what the numbers represent on the apps groups? The numbers are surrounded by a circle , about 1/8th dia. and have a red background. They are found on apps where more than one are grouped together.

malairt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an update available. Go to the app centre and there's a button that says install all upgrades. All the red circles will go away.

Corporately Challenged

OP
A

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I tried the upgrade button but I was told that I had to install the newest operating system so I will have to put on hold till I have a go at uppgrading. What do the numbers mean? I have one which says '10', 10 what?. I am not bothered by them, just curious.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They're called badges and the meaning varies with the app. For the app store, as a previous poster said, it means the number of updated apps available for you. On my calendar app it means the number of appointments left that day. You have to check the settings for each app because if you don't want badges you can turn them off.

aBlondeMoment

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go into Settings
and then Notifications.
Next look for your app.
If it's there then follow the arrows and change the badge/number settings.
If it's not listed there then go to installed apps on the left side of the page and find your app. click on it and dod the same thing I said above.

This happens when, for instance, when the app is notifying you thata someone has made a move on an online game you are playing against someone. They are just alerts to whatever the app wants to alert you to. you can turn them off in the settings with no problem though.
good luck.
K

Most reactions

Latest posts