What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers

Lloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After installing iOS 5 one of my spreadsheets in numbers won't load
I have reset and reloaded from iCloud
Still won't open ??????

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like the file has been corrupted. Are you getting any errors?

If you have a Mac with the OSX version of Numbers, you could try downloading it from iCloud.com and see if you can open it there. If there is no sensitive information in it feel free to PM me with it attached and I'll take a look.

You can also try these more general solutions. They won't hurt anything, and there's a chance (slim for this problem) that they may help.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to close it.

Close: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
Lloyd

Lloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done everything you've suggested ( before you suggested it) tried copying the file , deleted the app then reinstalled it ( didn't work ) erased and replaced everything and even rolled back to a time when the app worked to no avail . I don't have a mac only iPad 1 & iPhone 4
(Restored from iCloud )

OP
Lloyd

Lloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also tried emailing the file to myself
Copying and paste
Ect
NO JOY

OP
Lloyd

Lloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What makes me mad
The file consists of 10 months of work

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like the file is a gone. The only chance left I can think of is if you back up your computer. If you do, you may be able to recover an earlier version of the backup from iTunes and use it to restore. Needless to say you'll lose everything you've done since on the iPad, so if this is an option and you do it, be sure not to make the same mistake. Make copies of all your important files and keep them elsewhere.

It's a bitter lesson we all learn eventually. Never do anything major to a computer or device without securing your important files first. Always keep them in at least two places.

Again, if the file is not sensitive, I'd be willing to take a look at a copy and see if the OSX version of Numbers is able to open it.

OP
Lloyd

Lloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't managed to get it back as yet , will leave it as it is and wait for an update for numbers, there may be a slim chance an update may sort it
If not then ?????
Learn by my mistakes and BACK IT UP !!!! Keep a spare ect

Most reactions

Latest posts