What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how, when pasting a link into a cell in Numbers, to make it clickable? Is this even possible?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerp poet is the Member who knows all about Numbers. Hopefully, he'll see this post.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerp poet is the Member who knows all about Numbers. Hopefully, he'll see this post.

Tim

And be curious enough to try and figure it out, since he does not know the answer. ;)

After playing a bit, with no success, I opened Help under the wrench icon and did a search for link. Turns out you can not create a clickable URL link in a cell.

You can however create one inside a text box or a shape. Just type in the URL followed by a space or almost any punctuation mark. The URL will be auto detected and underlined. You can then tap on the link to Open, Copy, or edit the link's settings, including the URL and display text.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, got that all figured out...another question, is there any way to lock in the zoom level so that you can't scroll the speadsheet around?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The poet's on the West Coast of the US, so I guess he's asleep now....if he's any sense..

Tim

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess we can't all be insomniacs. lol

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, got that all figured out...another question, is there any way to lock in the zoom level so that you can't scroll the speadsheet around?

No, you can't lock zoom or prevent scrolling. Well, you could zoom all the way out, then it won't scroll, but things are a bit hard to read then. Though I suppose you could create a very large spreadsheet that filled the whole page with big cells and big fonts. It would have no where to scroll to.

Never mind. That does not work. The spreadsheet itself just becomes scrollable instead of the whole page.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts