What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers - can it sort?

djb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to iPad so sorry if this is a dumb question. I can't find a sort function in Numbers. Does it exist? I see some references to Office2 hd. Would that be a better spreadsheet app for someone used to Excel?
Debra

OP
D

djb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
This link to the Apple iPad iWorks Help pages might be able to help you.

Tim

Hi Tim,

This is the third time I have typed a reply.

If this succeeds I will send you the proper one.f

Debra

OP
D

djb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
This link to the Apple iPad iWorks Help pages might be able to help you.

Tim

OK, deleting the link let the message go through, hallelujah!

Sorry, the language is changing with every version of this reply.

I followed your link and searched for Sort. The only relevant link was for Numbers 2.0, but that appears to be a Mac program, as none of the menu options matched what I'm getting on the iPad. I'm a PC user trying to work it out. From the Numbers help, there is no mention of sort. Is there a higher version that will work on an iPad? I'm not worried about the money, I just need to be able to do the tasks. Because I travel, I would rather download the Excel file and manipulate it on the iPad than do it all by remote login.

Thanks in anticipation for coping with all our queries.

Debra

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at 'Documents To Go' in the App Store. I'm a Numbers user, so I've not used this particular app, but it claims to be able to sort. Remember, too, that if an app doesn't do what you want, Apple will always refund the purchase price as a credit to your iTunes account. Just call the Apple Support line with the transaction reference number from your iTunes invoice.

Good Luck. I'm sure other Members will be able to help, too.

Tim

RedCoil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a sort function within Numbers. Tap on the table area of the data you want to sort, there will be grey bars above and to the left of the table. Click on the part of the bar above the column that the data you want to sort is in. A pop up menu will appear and sort is one of the options.

Most reactions

Latest posts