What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers and Goal Seek

blob53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering getting numbers so I can do uni work on the move but one of my most used functions on excel is goal seek.
Can anyone tell me if there is the same/similar function on the latest version of Numbers?
Or if there is a good alternative that can be used?

Thanks in advanced

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no Goal Seek function in Numbers. I had to do a Google search just to find out what it was. The examples I saw would have been easier to solve with a touch of algebra, but it would probably be useful for complex formulas.

I have no idea if any of the other spreadsheet programs offer this function/feature, but I doubt it. The mobile apps don't have the bells and whistles of Excel.

What is uni work? Just curious.

OP
B

blob53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I study engineering, so quite often I use the function as algebraic manipulation is not really possible.

Thanks for your response, I kind of was expecting that answer but I'm sure there is some other way of doing it. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Sorry I couldn't help. I'd start searching through the many types of calculators available. "Engineering Calc" shows a few interesting results. You'd know the right terms for what you want to do better than I would.

Good luck.

Most reactions