What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number - Pdf provider

scoth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get Numbers for iPad to work with PDF Provider. App says it works with Number but yet to find how.
Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scoth said:
Does anyone know how to get Numbers for iPad to work with PDF Provider. App says it works with Number but yet to find how.
Thanks

Which app are you talking about? There are over 1,400 PDF apps in the app store.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Which app are you talking about? There are over 1,400 PDF apps in the app store.

He is talking about PDF provider and Numbers.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scoth said:
Thanks

Presumably, if you purchase the PDF PROvider app it will explain how to do it.

OP
scoth

scoth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did purchase PDF PROvider but don't see instructions on how to use with IPad IWork files like numbers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scoth said:
I did purchase PDF PROvider but don't see instructions on how to use with IPad IWork files like numbers

Did you check out the full description of the app?

image-2345333664.jpg

OP
scoth

scoth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats why I got it but no additional provisions to save or open in PDF Provider. So far all I have been able to do is copy into clip board. This is rather cumbersome especially if you have multiple pictures and objects v

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scoth said:
Thats why I got it but no additional provisions to save or open in PDF Provider. So far all I have been able to do is copy into clip board. This is rather cumbersome especially if you have multiple pictures and objects v

Have you tried clicking on the app support button and asking you question there?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's not going to go into Numbers and grab a file to use. No app can do that.

You'll have to export the Numbers file using one of the normal methods (email, iTunes, WebDAV) and then copy/open it in the PDF PROvider app. The easiest would be to email the file to yourself, tap-hold on the attachment when it arrives in Mail, and use the Open In option to copy it to the PDF app.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It's not going to go into Numbers and grab a file to use. No app can do that.

You'll have to export the Numbers file using one of the normal methods (email, iTunes, WebDAV) and then copy/open it in the PDF PROvider app. The easiest would be to email the file to yourself, tap-hold on the attachment when it arrives in Mail, and use the Open In option to copy it to the PDF app.

I thought about this, but this is PDF provider not providing any support for Number at all, IMO.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I thought about this, but this is PDF provider not providing any support for Number at all, IMO.

From their site:

How It Works

PDF PROvider allows you to convert documents of lots of formats such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts to Adobe PDF format on the iPhone and iPad.

Once installed PDF PROvider appears in the “Open In…” list for many popular file types. So you can convert attachments from Mail, documents opened with Safari and even official Dropbox and MobileMe iDisk applications. You can also copy documents to PDF PROvider via USB cable using iTunes File Sharing.

Which is about what I expected.

I'm guessing the OP either expected direct access to Numbers files, or does not understand how to export and use Open In with Numbers. I/we can go into more detail on either if needed/asked.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Heh. Just noticed they're still talking about MobileMe. Time to update the website.

On the off chance the app was abandoned I checked the last update, which was the end of last month.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From their site:

I'm guessing the OP either expected direct access to Numbers files, or does not understand how to export and use Open In with Numbers. I/we can go into more detail on either if needed/asked.

Good point. I figured that is how it would work...but I don't own the app so I could not be sure.

OP
scoth

scoth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
From their site:

I knew about the various export features, just wonder why the open in option is not made available at the application level. This would make the iPad more versatile and less reliant on multiple steps and functions just to create a PDF etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts