What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now you can Play flash Videos on your iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully it will work as smooth as it is supposed to.

AppsforiPads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the iPhone version on the iPad for now, but I am disappointed in the reliability of the app, there are many Flash heavy sites that Skyfire won't work on at all... so you have no idea, when you buy it, whether or not it will open the sites you want... it did not open the sites I wanted for my family.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shouldn't the focus be on what the CUSTOMERS want on the iPad, not what APPLE wants on them?

So there should have been a poll to see who wanted what on the iPad? Most I know that have it, KNEW it wasn't going to come with flash ~ and they still bought it.

If you want flash don't get one. Right?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have no idea, when you buy it, whether or not it will open the sites you want... it did not open the sites I wanted for my family.

Well ~ I guess if Apple wanted flash on the iPad.....
Shouldn't the focus be on what the CUSTOMERS want on the iPad, not what APPLE wants on them?

Then the CUSTOMERS that don't care about flash will complain about the 5 hour battery life....can't win huh?

RoadPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So there should have been a poll to see who wanted what on the iPad? Most I know that have it, KNEW it wasn't going to come with flash ~ and they still bought it.
Actually, YES!

In case you didn't realize it, businesses do a crazy thing called 'market research' to determine what customers want BEFORE developing a product. Quite often, this 'research' does, in fact, include 'POLLS'. Wild, huh?

If you want flash don't get one. Right?
So if Ford or Toyota sells cars without a feature that buyers are clamoring for, they should just ignore the customers and tell them "go buy something else from some other company"? That makes zero sense.

AppsforiPads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AGREED! And I think that Mr. Jobs is going to have to realize that sooner or later. He allows owners of the brand new MacAirBook decide for themselves whether or not to install Flash, WHY should an iPad be any different? WE own it after all... it should be the decision of the owner, not the manufacturer, of the iPad that decides what is installed.

you have no idea, when you buy it, whether or not it will open the sites you want... it did not open the sites I wanted for my family.

Well ~ I guess if Apple wanted flash on the iPad.....

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
!

In case you didn't realize it, businesses do a crazy thing called 'market research' to determine what customers want BEFORE developing a product.

I guess a lot of folks didn't care. How many iPads have been sold?

Why are you so angry? Buy something with a flash and chill out.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been really supprised...there are so many sites that use YouTube or formats other than flash. I really dont even miss it anymore..... Also, I'm tired of updating my PC with endless random updates from adobe.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been really supprised...there are so many sites that use YouTube or formats other than flash. I really dont even miss it anymore..... Also, I'm tired of updating my PC with endless random updates from adobe.

it is SO rare that I need flash I really dont care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions