Now that ive had my new iPad for a while...

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by mdholm, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I misspoke a bit earlier. Here is a shot of my Mail app on the ipad3. This is what I get for the keyboard - without touching any keys - when the cursor is in the address field (e.g. The "To" block):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333306976.922853.jpg

Note that the underscore is right next to the space bar. Again, this is without touching any key or typing anything. It's the default position when the app is first opened.

If your doesn't do this, then yeah, you've got a weird bug going on - because it makes no sense for two ipad3s to be different, especially given that we are both on iOS 5.1...

Marilyn

2. iPhoNettie

iPhoNettie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use Zinio and it gives you the option to bookmark the page you're on. When you're in the magazine, tap it once to bring up the screen features. On the upper right hand corner you'll see the bookmark symbol:

Tap the bookmark symbol and it'll save that page. So then when you go out and come back in to the mag, tap the bookmark symbol and it brings up the bookmark you created, tapping that will take you to where you left off

Attached Files:

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    ROFL hidden in plain sight all along

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    When you have more than one keyboard language/layout turned on you get the Globe key. It lets you switch between them. Handy if you're multilingual (not me), or occasionally need accents or characters from other alphabets (me).

5. SquiderDragon

SquiderDragon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have Zinio and don't see this issue. For me the magazine will open ay the last page. I also have a free magazone sub via Newsdesk but have not tried that as yet. I assume though this will be the same - I will check later and repost. But don't have this issue for Zinio for multiple mags - each has their own 'bookmark' - similar to iBooks.

Having checked the Newsdesk works in same way so will open at last page after close.

Also re your point 1 - I also use both gmail and hotmail re mail from iPad and when I create a message the default keypad has both a hyphen and underscore character key available for input. I am UK regions so assume I have a default GB layout.

#15 SquiderDragon, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  6. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm the same. The underscore is always available but you may need to dig around for it depending on which app/field you are in.
    As to why the iPad 3 is different to the iPad 2 - if you have a data connection it may be due to the icon for voice dictation which is reformating the keyboard layout?

7. mdholm

mdholm
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ugh, I'm such a bozo. I found my underscore key. Yay! Thanks everyone. I'm still having trouble saving pages in magazines, though. I'll keep working on it.

8. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Magazines are apps, so whether they keep their place or not is pretty much up to the developer. Don't expect any consistency between mags (unless they are all put out by the same developer/publisher. Then, maybe.

9. Qwho

Qwho
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The globe is if you have emoticon apps, it allows smileys, etc (international keyboard)

10. nenesix

nenesix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I, too, could not find the underscore key on my new iPad. Finally did, though. In the e-mail app it is directly to the right of the space bar on the QWERTY keyboard. Hurrah!