What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now that ive had my new iPad for a while...

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm the same. The underscore is always available but you may need to dig around for it depending on which app/field you are in.
As to why the iPad 3 is different to the iPad 2 - if you have a data connection it may be due to the icon for voice dictation which is reformating the keyboard layout?

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm such a bozo. I found my underscore key. Yay! Thanks everyone. I'm still having trouble saving pages in magazines, though. I'll keep working on it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Magazines are apps, so whether they keep their place or not is pretty much up to the developer. Don't expect any consistency between mags (unless they are all put out by the same developer/publisher. Then, maybe.

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The globe is if you have emoticon apps, it allows smileys, etc (international keyboard)

nenesix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, could not find the underscore key on my new iPad. Finally did, though. In the e-mail app it is directly to the right of the space bar on the QWERTY keyboard. Hurrah!

Most reactions