What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now or Later?

snoApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my wife got an iPad last summer, I inherited her Sony eReader. I thought that plus my Palm Pre smart phone would be all I needed. Hmmm. I love my Palm Pre and have no desire to replace it with an iPhone. But, a dedicated eBook reader is not a computer! And, no matter how smart the phone, it is still a very small screen.

:comingsoon: So, I'm now thinking seriously about an iPad.

I'm interested in when the new version will be coming out, and what additional features it will have. Buy the current iPad now or wait for the next version? Thoughts, anyone?

I'm a lawyer approaching retirement, but my original degree was computer science from the University of Waterloo. I've started developing an app for my Palm Pre and may move on to developing apps for the iPad. My first app is called Shots on Goal. As the proud grandparent of a very serious Minor Peewee hockey goalie, I wanted an easy way to keep track of shots on goal and goals, and the key goalie stats, such as save percentage.

EDIT 1: I've ordered an iPad.

Last edited:

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
If you can't wait, buy now. There are loads of discounted units, including refurbs from store.apple.com and others. Or, if you can wait for the latest in tech for the iPad, wait until February.

Piko

ipfmike

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings sno. I'm getting my iPad for Christmas. If we're voting, I vote for now.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If want one now,get now! iPad 2 won't betoo different- same screen size, moreorless the same weight and thickness etc.

Depends if you will find a came a useful?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are looking for a "reader", there is no reason that the current model iPad shouldn't suit you well. The only person who knows what features the next generation iPad will have and when it will come out isn't talking!

SteveJobs_littlesick.jpg

OP
S

snoApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Now on Order

Thanks for the comments. I've decided to not wait for iPad 2 and I placed my order yesterday (25th) with Apple Store Canada.

Beaucoup AirMiles(TM) and free shipping. I don't mind waiting a week or so, as I will browse the forums and App Shopper in the meantime to get ready.

Most reactions

Latest posts