What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notion app times out in the middle of playing a piece I am working on

OldKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32gig iPad 4 running Notion app. I am tearing my hair out because, when I am at a crucial stage of editing a piece of music, the screen suddenly goes blank and dumps me back into the home page. If I restart Notion it starts the piece at the beginning, not where I was editing. Then, no sooner do I get started, the same damn thing happens. Can anyone help PLEASE..

OldKen

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming that Notion is RAM intensive, if so you might like to five finger swipe upwards on the screen to open the task bar, then touch and hold any app icon in that bar, when the minus signs appear close each app in turn. Then, try running Notion again, if that doesn't work my only other thoughts are is that it must be a software bug.

The Archangel

OP
O

OldKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Gabriel1, I followed what you advised - sure enough the icons jiggled and a minus sign appeared. But I couldn't find a way to turn off each app. Sorry,I'm not at all familiar with the iPad's detailed use!

OldKen

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OldKen said:
Thanks Gabriel1, I followed what you advised - sure enough the icons jiggled and a minus sign appeared. But I couldn't find a way to turn off each app. Sorry,I'm not at all familiar with the iPad's detailed use!

OldKen

Sorry, my bad explanation, you turn them off by tapping the minus sign for each one.

The Archangel

OP
O

OldKen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You were right Gabriel1. Notion technical support recommend replacing the app. This will require me to delete the faulty app. Is that a similar arrangement as turning one off?

Thank you for your help once again.

OldKen

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OldKen said:
You were right Gabriel1. Notion technical support recommend replacing the app. This will require me to delete the faulty app. Is that a similar arrangement as turning one off?

Thank you for your help once again.

OldKen

To replace it do the following.....

On the main home screen touch and hold any app until they all start to wiggle. This time you will see a small cross in the corner, touch the cross on the corner of the Notion App and it will be deleted.....then press the home button to stop the rest of them wiggling.

You can then re-install the app for free.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts