What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notifications

nguyen561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can you get pop up notifications when they come in? For example...emails, Facebook, eBay...

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings, towards the top, Notifications. Select it then choose which apps you'd like to have notify you. (sounds, badges, and pop-ups)

For Mail, select Mail, then Fetch new data "Push"

Last edited:
OP
N

nguyen561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I know there's a section for notifications but emails, Facebook notifications, and such do not pop up when it is getting pushed....is there another area for it?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some email servers may not support "push" and you have to set "fetch" to every 15 min (or whatever time period you want).

I don't know about Facebook, but with some accounts you may have to go to your account page online to set up a "push" function, if available.

Do any of your apps show pop-up badges and alerts? Or just a specific few that don't?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app in the App Store for this - iPriorityMail. The app is free but there is a service charge after the first month - it's about a $1 per month, with no contract. You can configure which email addresses will produce a pop-up alert and configure the 'ringtone' (if any) that's played when the mail arrives.

Tim

OP
N

nguyen561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There no app that does the pop up notifications. I want them to pop up like they do on my iPhone.. Does your iPad do that?

OP
N

nguyen561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But isn't that a general feature. I know on the iPad 1 , it automatically popped up..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There was no pop-up notification of email on the iPad1 using the native apps. You need to use a third-party app to get this..

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Automatically' is a loaded word. With this app you can do this - but have a look on their web site. The first month is free, so there's no committment.

Tim

Most reactions