What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notification from Orange

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - go get them. I'm sure you'll find that the prospect of a lot of unfavourable publicity will suddenly 'motivate' them, particularly if you can get the name of the person that you're talking to....

Good Luck

Tim

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Print this thread, and start handing it out to the store staff and customers :)

Give some to your local O2 store, they might give you one free lol

Uggi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Dark

Hi Guys,

Rest the hedge hog crisps for now.

Latest round;

Orange mission control have a system failure. On 3 separate occasions now they have had a "computer problem" when I have tried to get a password. All three Orange shops have been unable to access the system.

10 days, 8 phone calls, 3 visits and ZIP.

At 16:45 this afternoon I was issued with a password. On entering it, guess what? Yup, their system crashed...

Yet again, they have promised to phone me, once they have sorted out the "problem".

I can only think the Orange are running their entire operation on an old clapped out old Commodore 64, or an Amstrad.

If it wasn't so damn funny, I would be annoyed.

Stand by for the next chapter in this comedy.

Phil.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, at least something is happening - if you're not moving forward, at least you're moving sideways....

Let's make a film of this and post it on YouTube...:)

Tim

OP
F

Fkheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Uggi I have continued to hear silence frm Orange.1 week after subscribing, still no btopenzone password, no online orange account. A real sham! I am rightfully pissed and annoyed at their incompetence! I am still waiting for that return call. I work long days so hav no time or energy to wait on their customer service line. Let's continue this until one of us succeeds. There must be others in our shoes.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is simply that they seem to insist on sending you that password as a text message and fail to acknowledge that the iPad can't receive text messages. Surely someone from Orange is reading this Forum? :(

Tim
Scotland

Uggi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success

Break out the hedge hog crisps and the Iron Brew, after an hours visit to the Orange Store in Southampton, they finally cracked it. I now have access to My Orange etc. It appears that Orange have had that many problems with IPad clients that they have opened a dedicated line to deal with their woes.
Order has been restored to the universe and all is now well.
Have a great day.
Phil.:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the dedicated line number - or daren't you give that for fear it will instantly be overloaded with irate iPad users....

Tim

Uggi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success

Hi Tim,
Orange have kept this to themselves, for internal use by outlets and support team. Typical.
Phil.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Maybe mention you're posting your experiences on iPad Forum - the world's largest iPad site.......ask for the person's name who you're speaking to and say you'll be happy to send them a URL so they can read all about iPad Forum members' experiences with Orange.

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim
I Like your hilarious comments about Orange. Many of these providers feel they are Kings and so treat the customers anyhow, especially on phone. Somehow they succeed in burning one's credit at no cost to them. But there are exemptions.

I needed to unlock my MIFI so I could use it in Nigeria since I travel down very often. What I did was to give a call, using my Orange to their helpline. The man I spoke to took some time in answering my question and getting me to pay for the unlock service. By the way, the E585 Huawei MIFI should have come to them unlocked in the first instance. Sensing that I was burning some credit, this man asked me to drop my phone and he called back. He took me through some steps to 'unlock' the set through my Laptop Computer. I thought it was a good gesture and went to sleep. In order not to be disappointed when I get to Nigeria, I tried another line on it. I discovered there was no network. On another day, I decided to call. I wasn't as lucky as the first time. I spent close to £8 listening to the man who tried to put me through. He got it right this time around but at an astronomical cost to me. Th MIFI now works with other networks as I am presenting using it in Nigeria. In fact, I am using it to power this iPad.

Maybe I shouldn't mention the network, maybe I should. All I am saying is that many of the workers who attend to customers are not conversant with the technological issues they are meant to help the customers in solving. What they do is to delay you or suggest a solution that is only in the 'book'.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution. There seem to be several Forum members in Nigeria at the moment with iPads!! Hope it all goes well.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts