What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nothing on my ipad works after I upgraded to ios5

Kiffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried restoring my ipad multiple times over the last 2 days - each time it takes from 6-10 hours, and still nothing works at the end. What the f---?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A clean restore, or a restore from backup? If the second, try the first.

And what are the symptoms? Won't turn on, crashes a lot, ?

Otherwise it sounds like you might want to give Apple a call. If it's an iPad 2 it should still be under hardware warrantee, and it that's the problem Apple will fixe or replace it.

OP
K

Kiffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks iPad wizard;eventually it all has come back, after many many attempts. Hopefully there won't be the same 'lose your app' problems with this new os. Happy Holidays.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed.

Most future updates for iOS 5 will be delta updates (small patches) that can be done without the computer; so it should be safer. Though it is always a good idea to let the bleeding edge upgraders do a bit of bleeding first; if you're not into risk taking yourself. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts