What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes selection

dnpsmith00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 with iOS 7.0.6 update. Ever since whenever I try to use Notes the screen flashes the keyboard then immediately goes back to main page. Anyone else experiencing this?
HELP!!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--we'll go and move this to the Help Section for better attention. You currently posted this in the User News Submission Section.

Thanks for your understanding.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 with iOS 7.0.6 update. Ever since whenever I try to use Notes the screen flashes the keyboard then immediately goes back to main page. Anyone else experiencing this? HELP!!!
That's not my experience.
Here are a few things you could try:

Force close apps
To do so, double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar, then swipe the thumbnails (pictures) above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

Reset your iPad (this won't remove any settings or data)
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.

Use Spotlight Search to look for one of the notes in the app.

Go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. What you'll have to do afterwards, is to go through all your settings and set them up again the way you prefer it.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This sounds like the same problem we saw a while back, were one of the notes caused the problem. The workaround was to open the Notes app via a different route (not using the icon).

The options were to use Search (pull down in the middle of the screen in iOS 7). Type in Notes, find the app in the search results, and tap on it to open. {Search is the far left home screen in iOS 6 and earlier.}

The other option is to use Siri to open Notes. You can either activate Siri and create a new note "Note, this is a note", then tap on it; or you can simply tell Siri to Open Notes. {May not be an option for the iPad 2, I don't remember if you got Siri with iOS 7}

Most reactions