What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

notes encryptor for ipad

vj531

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my PC I keep personal family odds and sods in an encrypted note thingy called Steganos LockNote.

Im looking for a 'simple' app for the Mrs's ipad to do the same job.

It would be nice to able to update it from 'my' PC but I'm not holding out for that feature.:cool:

Any ideas guys and girls would be gratefully received

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are several apps available on the AppStore to secure your data. I've seen apps to just lock your notes, to create a folder to have other types of files in it and overall password apps to keep all data private.

What I use is an app called "1Password" (regularly $17.99 but on sale for $8.99). With it, I can make secure notes, logins and lists of all the passwords I use. It's accessible via one main master password. If you set it up to [securely] store you data online (in a cloud account such as Dropbox), you can access the information via your computer's web browser. It's all secure, but accessible.

In addition, for more $$, you can buy a server program to install on your PC or Mac that makes it easier to access via computer (easier as in less steps than accessing via the web).

As you probably can tell, I think this is the best secure note/password app out there. But, I'm biased cause I like it - so I hope others will be along to give you their opinions. Also, a search of the AppStore using the term "lock note" gave me 416 results, so I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Good luck and happy searching. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts