What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes disappeared ??

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OS 5.1--several times in last 3-4 weeks all of my notes have been erased or just disappeared? I have rebuilt o.s. and restored the o.s. etc. I did a reboot of the ipad2. Am getting tired of and don't trust entering my notes. Anyone have a cure for this prob.????????
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

awarnshuis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DICKNPHYL said:
OS 5.1--several times in last 3-4 weeks all of my notes have been erased or just disappeared? I have rebuilt o.s. and restored the o.s. etc. I did a reboot of the ipad2. Am getting tired of and don't trust entering my notes. Anyone have a cure for this prob.????????
DICKSTER-----

Just a desperate thought: try clicking on NOTES at the top of the screen. It happened to me once and turned out I was apparently on an empty note.
. . . . patrick

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
awarnshuis said:
Just a desperate thought: try clicking on NOTES at the top of the screen. It happened to me once and turned out I was apparently on an empty note.
. . . . patrick

Didn't work. But there is no "notes" at top of screen
DICKSTER-----

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
awarnshuis said:
. . . . patrick

Tried that, but there is no NOTES at the top of screen.
Thanks
DICKSTER

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you syncing your notes with an account? Is there an Accounts button above the list of Notes? Witch may happen if you have both local notes and an account, or more than one account syncing with Notes.

Last edited:
OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO ACCOUNT BUTTON ANYWHERE--
Ientered a bunch of data to a new note yesterday all gone today when I looked at them. I have restored the iPad-rebooted it power button & home button.
don't know what to do next--?????????
Dickster-----

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you syncing with an account? Check your Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on your account. If it lists Notes and it's turned on then you notes are being synced to an email folder in you account.

If your account is automatically deleting them, they will go away each time you sync with it. However, you may be able to find them in your Deleted folder in email.

Otherwise, I don't know what it happening.

I tend to recommend Evernote as a better note taking solution. It has more options, and automatically syncs online and with your computer (if you load the computer app. The basic account is free as are all the apps.

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerp poet I think I found the answer- password on main comp. for iCloud was different than on iPad for some strange reason.
Also I went into settings for iCloud on ipad2 and changed "push" to "fetch". My notes seem to be staying now. I'll test it for a day or two.
Thanks for your help
DICKSTER-----

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That could be it. Don't trust anything important to it until you are sure.

I still recommend that you look at Evernote. I think you'll like the what you see.

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TWERPPOET-- Looks like the prob. is fixed this am.-all notes have stayed. looking at "evernote" and it seems pretty good, but like anything new, it takes getting used to.
Have a great day and thanks.
Dickster-----:)

airmech71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had a list of notes which seemingly disappeared when i was playing with account settings. i went back into my settings for mail and contacts and turn on Notes for each of my accounts. it appears all of my notes have returned. apparently i had supressed them somehow through my settings accidentally. so...if your notes have suddenly disappeared...check out your Mail, Contacts and Calender settings for each and every email account. :D

kreuger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my notes disappeared suddenly. Not backed up anywhere either. Tried Itunes, email accounts. I stored all my insurance policy numbers on it. Am really naffed off about it. Whats more, the app of Notes isnt in Itunes storage either so if I delete it where do I get a reinstall feature app from as it is no longer available on Itunes Apps.

kreuger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help which I have just done. I expect it might take 24 hours to bring my notes back so I will be patient and see what happens.:)

Most reactions