What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes-anyone else losing all of theirs?

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unite often lately I get all of my notes entered into the notes app. And then later they just magically disappear and I can't get them back w/out rentering all of them. Anyone else with this prob. And how did you cure it.?
Thanks
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

CMacDonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I thought I'd lost all my calendar entries but it turned out to be easily fixed by adjusting an option in Settings. Unfortunately, I don't see a similar option in Settings for Notes. Thankfully I have not lost any of my Notes but I only have a few entries so far which sync with a Google account I have.

A Google search showed others were also having this issue but iPF won't let me post the link (not yet anyway). Basically, people just used Evernote instead which can optionally sync with Google's Notes as well.

Sent from my 32 GB iPad 2 using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, there is a long thread in the Apple Support Communities HERE about losing notes in the Notes App; seems that some have traced the issue to a setting for Notes in their e-mail accounts, so you might want to reviewed the thread and check out your e-mail settings - seems like Apple support was pretty worthless in figuring out this issue.

If not helpful, I'd probably 'Restart' or if not successful 'Reset' my iPad and determine if that helps - also, I've not checked my sync settings for Notes on my computer and not sure if notes can be lost in a sync from the iPad and then restored (like w/ music & photos)? If none of these suggestions help, please post back - this seems to be not an uncommon issue that Apple needs to address - good luck! :)

P.S. I put Evernote on my iPad but have not even used it yet - probably will switch over my note taking immediately after reading that thread - :eek:

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all for help. I am going to try Evernote for a while til apple figures this out. I paid for the ipad2 and all it's stuff and it irritates me a person can't use the stuff as apple has said it will work. Headaches and alka-seltzer!
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts