What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notepad app

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a notebook app.... This has to be with columns, at least 3 or 4. So as I finish a task I can check it, but not delete it... It's very hard to explain exactly what I need. This would maybe resemble an old fashioned
Ledger....
I've downloaded numerous apps to try them out but can't find nothing I can use...
Thanks...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a note-taking app called NoteShelf ($4.99, USD). It's for handwriting only (no typing).

But, the reason I mentioned it is because you can create your own templates for pages. The instructions are in the app (and maybe even online at the app's support page) - but what you essentially do is create a PDF for your template and then make a notebook with that template as the page. So, you could create columns however you wish. Then, when you open the notebook, you can fill in your information. The app also supports transfers to Evernote, Dropbox or e-mail. So, it can be stored/sent elsewhere.

Plus, the app has little icons (like emoji) and one of them is a check mark, so you can just put that next to your completed line. Or, draw a line through. Whatever...

It's an app I use to keep track of homework at school, which is how/why I know you can create templates. I'm sure there are plenty more - but this is the one I use. YMMV.

Marilyn

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,

Good catch. I'd forgotten that feature of the NoteShelf app. (So many apps, so little memory.) I think that may be exactly what the OP is looking for. Just to salvage some value from my original suggestion, a spreadsheet could be used to create the template.

OP
L

Loreta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much, I'll check them out and hopefully can use one of them...

Most reactions

Latest posts