What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note taking app for school

08powerstroke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a better note taking app for school better than the notes app that comes on the iPad? I am looking for something that lets you type notes, not draw them, and has an organized saving system. Thanks!

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Plus looks pretty nice to me. I think I'll be buying this one before next week. It lets you type anywhere, as well as draw directly on the same page (if you want to draw diagrams, arrows, etc). You can also select text you've already written and move it around the page, change fonts, use highlighters, all kinds of stuff. I recommend looking up some YouTube videos to see what you like.

cvice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
08powerstroke said:
Can anyone recommend a better note taking app for school better than the notes app that comes on the iPad? I am looking for something that lets you type notes, not draw them, and has an organized saving system. Thanks!

inClass is what you need. Note-taking app designed for students. And it's free.

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
personally I use Pages and when I get home or get time I just pull the notes I wrote during a day or week and put them into DropBox. I use DropBox as a file system on my ipad, I have literally everything in it: Pictures, Music, Documents, Syllabi, xCode Projects and more. The only limitation of the iPad (as far as affects my usage, anyway) is the 'sandbox' architecture makes it difficult to set up an organized structure, and the current iteration of Pages of iOS doesn't work with DropBox (maybe it will one day?). So DropBox helps me mirror the directory structure on my laptop onto my iPad.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There are at least 4 threads that have lots of opinions, many comments of why people like them, problems that people have. Getting a good note taking app is important, so I would do a search, or look back a number of pages to find these threads. I think you will find them helpful. That being said, I would up with a number of them, and am finding no one app is good for everything.

Most reactions

Latest posts