What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not understanding iCloud?

Richard Gardella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have very little on my iPad, perhaps 150 photos, 4 documents and little mail in the in box and nothing in trash.
When looking at my iCloud, I have a tiny amount in photos while my mail is listed at 4GB, how can that be?

I keep everything clean as far as emails and I’m thinking I should have a whole lot more storage capacity.

Thanks

OP
R

Richard Gardella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plenty of views on my post but no reply’s, I wonder why?

I was able to figure it out today, finally and free up about 90% of my storage!

OP
R

Richard Gardella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty simple, iCloud copies everything in your mail folder including all sent emails so every email I sent for the last 5 years was filling my iCloud storage.

I erased all sent emails and it was about 3 gb of data!

FilthyLJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iCloud is full of stuff that I don't use. But sometimes I need to find something and everything is there

OP
R

Richard Gardella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever works for you! I want to save the important info where I can quickly access it and delete the unnecessary info to minimize the clutter.

No hoarding happening here!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I beg to disagree.
My mother certainly is not “in the cloud”, and I guess most people her age aren’t either, in my village. She’s 77.
My son prefers iTunes to iCloud.
I’m the only one in my familiy who uses cloud services.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m 79 and have used computers for a long time so probably not average (and use Cloud services-i.e.; Dropbox or similar-not necessarily everything to Icloud) but my suggestion to my husband —rather than keep everything in folders in email to reference at some point—printscreen important emails and save to Notes (where it will be backed up on Icloud) or a note app (I use Noteability backed up on Dropbox)—by topic, etc.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess not everything is the cloud but I thought that’s where the world is going to eventually technology wise.

Most reactions