What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure what this means?

groomergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am new here and I have an I pad 1 and also a I pad 4 that I just got, what i would like to know is on my I pad 1 in the right hand
Connor I have a lock with an arrow and then next to it an arrow pointing to the right can someone tell me what that means! Thanks for the help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am new here and I have an I pad 1 and also a I pad 4 that I just got, what i would like to know is on my I pad 1 in the right hand
Connor I have a lock with an arrow and then next to it an arrow pointing to the right can someone tell me what that means! Thanks for the help!

The lock with an arrow means that you've locked the rotation of the iPad (it won't move to portrait (or landscape when you tilt it). To remove that lock (if you wish), double press the Home button to reveal the bottom bar. Then, swipe to the right to reveal from the left. The far left icon is your rotation lock. You can press it to toggle it on or off.

The arrow pointing to the right tells you that some app you've used has used the Location services of the iPad. It just a notification.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
G

groomergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer to my question! Have a great day!

Most reactions

Latest posts