What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sure if this is possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I have the following electronic devices I want to network as much as possible. I have a PS3, a PC, Windows laptop, Galaxy SIII, Mytouch 4G, iPhone 3g (soon to be iPhone 5), and iPad 2.

I bought a WD My Book Live as a personal cloud server that runs through my wireless router and want to use my iPad to access it. I have no problem with the PC, Laptop and PS3. I have yet to try it on the iPhone or the Android phones.

So is it realistic to try this? Really, all I'll be using it for on the iPad is the movies and music and backup if I can.

Kevin

P.S. I would rank myself a beginner as far as iPads go.

NoNoBadDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll have no problem networking them with a good router. Just make sure you set up security (WPA 2)

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using ipf

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of our moderators, The Archangel, has got a thread going that details his experiences with the Western Digital device and using it with the iPad.

So, please, have a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/network-attached-storage-nas/74006-personal-cloud-storage.html

Jump in there and ask questions (if you have any). And, since that thread is going, I'll go ahead and close this one as an extra. Thanks for your understanding and good luck.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts