What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not so invisashield......

JackBookPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I went over to best buy yesterday and bought the invisashield, by zagg. I have heard so many raving reviews of it, and now I'm using a stylus, I kinda wanted something on my screen. Well, the shield was properly applied and everything seemed good, until i turned my iPad on..... This shield makes everything appear kind of grainy. A white background appears like a collage of a billion red blue and green pixels. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone use a similar, but hopefully better product? This screen is ruining my iPad experience!

Reaction score
Give it about 3 days to "cure " to your screen, then judge the difference.
The tacky feel never goes away fwiw

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
J

JackBookPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I hope it gets better, I don't mind the feeling of it, just the appearance. Thanks for the insight

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I went over to best buy yesterday and bought the invisashield, by zagg. I have heard so many raving reviews of it, and now I'm using a stylus, I kinda wanted something on my screen. Well, the shield was properly applied and everything seemed good, until i turned my iPad on..... This shield makes everything appear kind of grainy. A white background appears like a collage of a billion red blue and green pixels. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone use a similar, but hopefully better product? This screen is ruining my iPad experience!

I just came back from the mall where they have a Ghost Armor kiosk. The guy running the kiosk showed me his iPad 2 with the shield applied. His was scratched due to dropped it. The shield does not impair the screen at all. When the iPad was turned on, you didn't notice that there was anything on the glass at all. The only time you could detect the shield is if you looked at his iPad from the side. You could then make out the texture of the shield. For me, the jury is still out on whether to have one put on or not.

PS. I didn't notice any difference at all in the way it felt compared to the original glass.

Last edited:

bubbaba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second to wait a couple of days. Right now there is still some residual moisture under the shield. It will dry and cure to your screen and look great. I have had an invisishield on my screen since day one. You get used to the tacky feel and since you bought it at Bestbuy if the screen ever gets scratched you can send it in and get a new shield and have bestbuy apply it again.

Ckwilson73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mistakenly bought the zagg anti glare for my ipad2 and thought it was grainy and horrible. I took it off and got the normal invisheld and it looks great.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a shield on my Samsung Focus and I had one on my old dilapidated iPhone3. They both made the screen look good for one thing and that’s resale. I’m not adding one to the pad as I never liked the feel or the look.

Most reactions