What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sending emails

OP
S

sarahwattendorf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My emails are coming back and going into my outbid. Message says smpt.comcast is incorrect. How can someone help me send out my emails. I am in Scotland and need to send emails.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I'm guessing you're not on your home network - i.e. you're sending from another WiFi location that's not your home one. This is the Port 25 relay problem. Can you tell us if you're using the SSL version of the SMTP protocol?

Go to 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Accounts' - click on the account you're using - and see what the SMTP settings are. Does it say port 25 or port 465?

Let us know and we'll try and help

Tim

muraco1949

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sarahwattendorf said:
My emails are coming back and going into my outbid. Message says smpt.comcast is incorrect. How can someone help me send out my emails. I am in Scotland and need to send emails.

Try a different service such as gmail. iPad mail service has problem with some services verifying the out going is mail is real. Easiest solution is to change your service.

Most reactions

Latest posts