What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not recognizing password

Jmpaliza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to change my hotmail password>> when I tried to use my Ipad it requested hotmail account password.. it doesn't recognize my new password neither my apple account password or the old hotmail password :(
Thanks for any advice

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The easiest way to deal with email password problems on the iPad is to delete your account and add it again under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Though you can try re-entering your (new) password there first, if you have't already tried that.

kkheavy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this same problem but it launches with password request and I can't get anywhere after that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
kkheavy said:
I have this same problem but it launches with password request and I can't get anywhere after that.

If the iPad asks for you password when you launch Mail it means that either the password is wrong in your account settings, or empty. (or something weird is going on). At any rate the, if you have not tried deleting and re-adding the account as previously suggested, do so. This will fix the problem most of the time.

If your password continues not to work use the website login to confirm you are entering the correct password.

Let us know what happens, and if you are still having problems I'll make some more guesses. ;)

Lisa Griffiths

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to let you know that i had the same problem and the trouble is you can't remove the mail account because you can't access the ipad screen at all until you enter the new mail password so you're stuck.

I managed to solve this by plugging my ipad into my computer and synchronising a couple of times and I no longer have the problem.

Hope this is useful to everyone.

Lisa.

mgmcfadden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you get resolution to this? I'm having the same problem - so frustrating as i can't get to any other screen! I've never plugged my ipad to my computer so not sure what to do exactly

admiraltroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem my iPad2 does not recognize my Yahoo calendar account password & consequently won't sync. It used to sync with the same account info & I've tried deleting and setting up the account but still it tells me that my password is incorrect - one I haven't changed in 15 years so I know it!

admiraltroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In fact having deleted my calendar account I now have nothing in my iPad calendar & it won't accept my Yahoo account info so I can't sync it either - extremely frustrating & no wonder people try & stick with old MSFT stuff!!

admiraltroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same problem with my iphone - both iPad & iPhone used to sync calendars from my pc but now neither of them recognize my yahoo account details

Most reactions

Latest posts