What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not printing from native apps

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other residents in the complex has just that plug in the wall.
I needed something more powerful, so I hav an Asus wifi router in that

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok now we are getting somewhere. Disconnect the router turn of the power for 3 minutes then turn it on again. Also turn printer off then on again On the iPad go to general settings reset network settings Reset the network. The iPad will restart then select wifi and put password in.

Try again on the iPad to print something Thanks Colin

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for trying. I am at lost what the issue is Let me research this over the weekend . I am working this weekend but off Monday Australia time. It is 7pm Friday here you will here from me by Monday evening my time. Personally I donot like Asus routers. But that is ok. Please advise model number of your printer so I can phone Samsung ok. Trying hard for a solution. By the way do you have a friend with another iPad that yu can test ?

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallelujah!
It prints!
Hurrah!

Oh my Gosh what a relief!

Watched Tombstone on telly last night, this morning I was close to pull the trigger on that darn no printing printer.

This has lasted for only five mins, its way to early to cut the champagne. But it does indeed print nice and dandy, oh what a sight for my sore eyez!

I did a firmware upgrade, a very difficult producedure, I had to tear down the attick for a ten year old usb cable. Dont use such old fashion. And I managed to find the printers secret wifi password, it took me a week to hunt it down!

Let only Yahweh take warm hands above this troubled printer, I might then get my love letter be printed in the upcoming days and months, this Xmas is closing way to fast :)

Ps
Again, the printer was never the problem. In fact if I havent owned an Ipad I wouldnt have encountered this problem, as there was never ever a problem printing from my non ios mobilephone, or from my macbook pro via AirPrint. I only started this tread due to the grand ios 8 trouble I encountered when upgrading my Ipad.

Last edited:
OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yes, if it had been possible, I would gladly have sent a big homememade tiramisu to you ;)

There is still a small issue. My Ipad on ios 8 is sooooo slow in sending the print job, it says contacting printer for several sec. In ios 7 the printout happened instantly.

Most reactions