What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not impressed - going to sell my iPad2

Jim1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Have been reading and researching the iPad and other tablets for quite some time. Thought for sure I could put such a cool device to good use. Searched high and low to buy one, then ended up finding one at my local Target. Got exactly what I wanted - white, 32gig, wi-fi. Have since played with it a few times - angry birds on the beast is the best! But, for writing and researching (I'm a Ph.D. student), I just can't seem to make it work - I always return to my netbook. I've thought about buying a keyboard, but then I'd end up with something light and thin with a keyboard -- I already have that -- it's called a netbook!

So, I'm going to sell my iPad. If I can't sell it, I'll return it to Target.

Do you folks think I'll have any trouble selling it for what I paid for it?

Jim

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like you've had it that long, so why not just return it? At least you'll be assured of getting your money back.

treker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jim1970 said:
Hello,

Have been reading and researching the iPad and other tablets for quite some time. Thought for sure I could put such a cool device to good use. Searched high and low to buy one, then ended up finding one at my local Target. Got exactly what I wanted - white, 32gig, wi-fi. Have since played with it a few times - angry birds on the beast is the best! But, for writing and researching (I'm a Ph.D. student), I just can't seem to make it work - I always return to my netbook. I've thought about buying a keyboard, but then I'd end up with something light and thin with a keyboard -- I already have that -- it's called a netbook!

Jim

I sold my first ipad2 for $60 more than i paid in five minutes on ebay. Moral...I probably could have gotten more. You should have no problem...but the window is closing on these sales as more ipad product is hitting the stores everyday. It probably won't be too long before stock is readily available at most retail outlets...and the ebay quick profits will be over.

The ipad isn't an input device by design. It's a consumer of data device. Stick to your netbook with a nice keyboard and huge storage for your purpose. I still have mine. But the ipad is a great device! I love it for what it does so well.

OP
J

Jim1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought about returning it to Target - but I'm not sure what to do with the couple of apps I've put on it. And, I would want my itunes username removed completely - not sure how to do that either. Can anyone recommend how to remove all my information/stuff?

If I could sell it to someone who wants one quickly, I'd rather do that. If that doesn't work in a day or two, then I will contact Target.

Jim

OP
J

Jim1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone sent me a PM about buying my iPad2 - I tried to respond, but received the message that I needed a post count of 6 or more.

I will sell it -- hang on while I boost my post count!

Jim

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes to the above post. Works great. You can type really fast. It just took me a couple of times to get the hang of it. Love it. Protective case, too. Also, for the word processing you do, check out Apple applications- just type Apple in the search bar. You might really like those apps which can do your word processing, etc. I have the entire iWork suite on my iMac. Pages is the name of the app, but there are more that is why I said put apple in the search bar of the app store.

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jim1970 said:
Hello,

Jim

I am not happy you are selling your iPad 2 because there are many features a student of your calibre will benefit from this tool. Honestly, I don't think you will have any trouble selling it for a few pounds less. Where are you?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jim1970 said:
I thought about returning it to Target - but I'm not sure what to do with the couple of apps I've put on it. And, I would want my itunes username removed completely - not sure how to do that either. Can anyone recommend how to remove all my information/stuff?

If I could sell it to someone who wants one quickly, I'd rather do that. If that doesn't work in a day or two, then I will contact Target.

Jim

It is easy to remove. Just go to settings and erase all settings.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Most reactions