What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not enough local space??

gama2yaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a tv season off iTunes. But when I hit purchase, it tells I do not have enough local space. I've deleted almost all my game apps, bought more icloud space and still it won't let me....what am I doing wrong?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I wanted to buy a tv season off iTunes. But when I hit purchase, it tells I do not have enough local space. I've deleted almost all my game apps, bought more icloud space and still it won't let me....what am I doing wrong?

Hi Gama.... - welcome to the forum! :)

You might want to first provide some more information: 1) What model iPad do you own; 2) What is the original GB storage, i.e. 16, 32, or 64 GB; and 3) What is your current usage? For the latter, go to Settings -> General and then look @ 'About' & 'Usage' - see the attached pic showing the usage on my iPad (i.e. 16 GB still available - I have a 32 GB iPad2); this option will also show 'where' your storage is being used - see if there are one or more areas taking up a LOT of space?

Now, I'm not sure 'how large' the TV season might be in GBs but keep in mind that you can often buy these programs in HD or SD, the latter taking up much less space if that is acceptable to you? I'll stop there and let you reply - good luck!

iPadUsageExample.PNG

OP
G

gama2yaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks you trying to help me....

Ok my iPad is 3rd generation, 16B ....it states I have 11.8 GB available with 2.0GB used...

After I read what you wrote, I'm assuming ill never have enough space to purchase a whole season of a tv show. I can do one show at a time, but then have to remove it to watch the next one...and since the season has 12 shows...well I guess it won't happen....unless there's a way to work around it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought of buying the season and downloading it to iTunes on your computer? You could then download it one episode at a time to your iPad when you sync to iTunes on your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts