What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not charging

Munki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No matter what I use to charge my iPad, I get a message in the top right hand corner saying 'not charging' even though it is actually charging and shows the percentage when unplugged. Is there anything I can do about this as it may be a problem when it actually isn't charging?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are charging via a USB to a PC/Mac you will get the no charging message but it is actually trickle charging. If you are charging from the mains adaptor and it says not charging then there is something wrong......maybe you can be a bit more specific about this?

The Archangel

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I never had this problem, but logical flow says:

I assume that you are using the iPad own charger.
Then some corruption may have happened to battery settings.

You can hard reset your idevice pressing both the sleep and the home buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Proceed to fully charge for a couple hours and then open your iPad normally. Let the battery go down using it until let's say 10% and charge again. Let's hope is already showing the right measuraments.
:)

Last edited:
OP
M

Munki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Sorry!

Thank you for taking the trouble to answer guys - made a big booboo - thought Kindle charger was ipad charger - DOH!!!!!

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the trouble to answer guys - made a big booboo - thought Kindle charger was ipad charger - DOH!!!!!

Good for you. :D

I haven't seen a Kindle wall charger but I assume is different shaped than your standard iPad charger. Still it was performing some charge. Guess it has less USB power draw.

Mac not downloading anything

Most reactions

Latest posts