What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not charging

tamarillo53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last couple of times that my iPad 2 has dead all the way it has taken 10-15 minutes to charge enough to just turn on. Yesterday it died and I had it plugged into the wall for a couple of hours and it didn't do anything. Then I plugged it into the plug that my laptop was plugged into and it actually said it was charging. After 20 minutes it still had not turned on. Since it had charged a little I moved it to were it normally goes and it said it was still charging. During the night the cord came out and now it is so dead that it will not even show the you need to plug it in and charge symbols. I have plugged it back in to the same spot as yesterday, it has been plugged in for about 30 minutes and it will not even show the little battery symbols that pop up when you press the top button. Also my laptop can not see my iPad when it is plugged in. Oh and my battery yesterday last for about 12 hours so I don't think that the battery has gone out. Does anyone know a way I can get my iPad to start charging?
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, tamarillo53! Welcome to iPF!

Try to change the cable, the charger and the wall socket. Maybe one of these is faulty.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also check the 30-pin port for any particles that may be stuck inside the port as well as the cable itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts