What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not charging with pc

naeemakhtar110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have installed latest version of I tunes but could not charge iPad with cable connection.

Plz tell me how to do that

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is in fact charging but very, very slowly, it's what is known as trickle charging, if you want to charge normally then you need to plug it into a power outlet.

The Archangel

OP
N

naeemakhtar110

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
It is in fact charging but very, very slowly, it's what is known as trickle charging, if you want to charge normally then you need to plug it into a power outlet.

The Archangel

Thanks for you response but iPhone shows the charging

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a simple way to test, check the percentage charge of your iPad, turn it off then connect it to your computer, leave it for say an hour then turn it on and see what the charge percentage is, if it's gone up then it's charging.

The Archangel

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason it cannot charge via a USB port is the low power available on a computer USB port, its a built in protection so you don't damage the computer main board, the iPad needs a 10Watt 2amp 5volt power supply.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
The reason it cannot charge via a USB port is the low power available on a computer USB port, its a built in protection so you don't damage the computer main board, the iPad needs a 10Watt 2amp 5volt power supply.

However it is trickle charging, it just says that it isn't charging.

The Archangel

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some computer motherboard manufacturers have a utility to increase the output of their USB ports to facilitate iPad charging--MSI and Gigabyte are 2 that I know of.

Most reactions