What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Not Charging" .....hmmmmm....???

lwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this has come up but, when I plug into a pc, the batt percentage marker changes to read "Not Charging". However, after I unplug it, the batt percentage has increased......sometimes to 100% if I leave it plugged long enough.

Now, is it really charging or not....????

Does anyone know? Has this issue been hashed out here before?

OP
L

lwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. I was just wondering. I sync to a PC at home. But I also use Xilisoft iPad Manager on my PC at work to manage some things into and out of the iPad. While it is plugged in I get the no chage msg....but the batt level always goes up. So I am wondering what the truth is.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When plugged into a USB port, generally the iPad is just being trickle charged. There is nothing wrong with that, I keep mine plugged into my laptop all day at work and it just keeps it topped up for when I need to use it without a power source.

The Archangel

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually i saw this on some other website long tym ago! but since the name ws ASUS I THOUGHT IT WOULD ONLY WORK WITH PCS AND LAPTOPS of ASUS!!

THANKS!! PP :rolleyes: dis is coool!!!

DarkRavenMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All USB ports (except powered hubs such as those that plug in to the mains) can only provide 500mA per port which might not be enough to charge an iPad depending on other devices that are connected at the time.

OP
L

lwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DAMN! IT WORKS!

That's really good to know. Several guys here at work sync their iPhone to their laptop.....and complain about how long it takes to charge....they will be happy about this!

I think that a complete discharge and a slow recharge is probably good for the battery occasionally.....maybe once a month. At least that's the case for most Lithium Ion Batteries.

Most reactions

Latest posts